What We Do
Founded in 1999, FaithsTogether (FT) is an organization of members from various faith communities in The Woodlands. The statement on the cover of each program at our annual “Giving Thanks” Observance in November defines our goal:
“FaithsTogether is a fellowship of religious communities that honors spiritual diversity by building relationships and understanding among people of different faiths.”
While planning the Giving Thanks program, the FT committee selects a theme. During the program, each member congregation is encouraged to interpret and demonstrate the message of the theme through song, dance, drama or other types of verbal or visual presentations.
As members of FT, we acknowledge, celebrate and honor religious diversity in our community. We learn from each other about individual beliefs, religious holidays, events, etc. We establish relationships, make new friends, and respect our differences.
Among the many activities we have shared:
• An annual inter-religious “Giving Thanks” program in The Woodlands beginning in 1999, with more than 500 people attending in 2019.
• Sponsoring and attending an inter-religious dinner dialogue.
• Working as volunteers together through community programs and projects such as the Montgomery County Food Bank.
• Sponsoring and hosting educational programs through the Academy for Lifelong Learning at Lone Star College - Montgomery to include knowledge and information about various religions in our
• Volunteering side by side in numerous other community service projects. Some sponsored by FT member congregations, such as the Peanut Butter Factory or Love Your Neighbor Day.
• Visiting worship services or special programs at each FT Community location and learning more about each other’s faith.
This is not an all-inclusive list but is indicative of the variety of activities we share together, and hopefully gives you an idea of who we are and what we do as FaithsTogether. Our overriding message is one of love and respect.
FaithsTogether is a fellowship of religious communities that honors spiritual diversity by building relationships and understanding among people of different faiths.
You're invited to visit faiths in our community.
One way to grow in respect and understanding for the diverse faiths in our community is to visit and learn from them. Celebrate both the differences and similarities among faith communities.